- January 30, 2008, Youngstown State University / Dana Concert Series/Youngstown, Ohio - New York Empire Trio / Joshua Pierce, piano, Hristo Popov, violin, Kalin Ivanov, cello - Haydn/Piano Trio in D, Hob: XV:16, Schubert/Piano Trio in Bb, Opus 99 (D898), Dvorak/Piano Trio "Dumky", Opus 90
- January 29, 2008, Western Reserve Academy/Hudson, Ohio - Performance and Master Class - New York Empire Trio / Pierce, Popov, Ivanov - Piano Trios by Haydn, Schubert, and Dvorak
- November 19, 2007, American Music Festival, Wroclaw, Poland, Michael Harrison - Revelation For The Harmonically Tuned Piano - First European Performance of the complete work.
- November 20, 2007, American Music Festival, Wroclaw, Poland, John Cage - Sonatas and Interludes for Prepared Piano - 1st performance in Poland
- July 23, 2007 - Summit Music Festival - Fordham University, Tarrytown, New York Performances of the Beethoven Piano Trio in B-flat, Op. 11, the F minor and E-flat Sonatas for Clarinet and Piano, Op. 120 by Johannes Brahms and the Concert Piece in D minor Op. 113 and F minor, Op. 114, clarinet: Hideaki Aomori and cello: Kalin Ivanov.
- May 19, 2007 - Mr. Pierce was the assistant music director and pianist, working with conductor Victoria Bond on the American premiere of the new American Opera: "The True last Words of Dutch Schultz" by composer Eric Salzman and librettist Valeria Vasilevski at Symphony Space's Wall-to-Wall Opera Festival.
- January 3-8, 2007 - Bach, Concerto No. 5 in f minor S. 1056, Ernest Bloch, Concerto Grosso for Piano Obligatto and String Orchestra, Gershwin, Second Rhapsody & I Got Rhythm Variations. Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra of Bratislava, Kirk Trevor cond.
- New CD From Joshua Pierce - Rondo Brillante: Works For Piano And Orchestra By Reinecke, Hummel, Czerny, Weber, Mendelssohn on MSR Classics
- New CD From Joshua Pierce - Works For Piano And Orchestra By Rachmaninov, Respighi And Alfredo Casella On MSR Classics
- New CDs From Joshua Pierce - Brahms Piano Concerto No. 2 In B Flat Major And The Three Liszt Piano Concertos, Both Released On MSR Classics
May 6, 2006, Microfest 2006 Piano and Winds, All works in Kirnberger tuning: Mozart - Piano Quintet, in Eb, Haydn - London Trio in D, J.S.Bach - Duetto #2 in F Major, Mikhail Glinka - Trio Pathetique in D Minor
The performers included: Pierce (Piano), Bram Kreeftmijer (Oboe), Yevgeny Faniuk (Flute), Hideaki Aamori (clarinet), Johnny Reinhard (bassoon) and Rheagan Osteen (horn).
See Video by College 500 of The May 6 Concert Here.
- March 25, 2006, Microfest 2006, All works in Kirnberger III tuning: Johan Kirnberger - Sonata No. 3 in G minor for Piano, Beethoven - Sonata Quasi Una Fantasia in C# Minor (Moonlight) for Piano, Brahms - Sonata in F Minor, Op. 120, No 2. for clarinet and piano, W.F. Bach (Pierce and Pechefsky) - Sonata in F Major for 2 Harpsichords
- March 26, 2005, Microfest 2005: All works in Kirnberger II tuning: CPE Bach -Six Sonatas for Clarinet, Bassoon and Piano, Beethoven - Trio in Bb Maj, Op. 11, Cello, Clarinet and Piano, Schumann - Three Romances for Oboe and Piano, Mendelssohn -Concert Piece No. 2 in D minor, Op 113, Mordecai Sandberg -Psalm 130 *World Premier*
The performers included: Pierce (Piano), Gilad Harrel (Clarinet), Dan Barrett (Cello), Johnny Reinhard (Bassoon) and Bram Kreeftmijer (Oboe/English Horn)
- Joshua Pierce Inaugurates Piano Masters Series at Moravian College, Bethlehem, PA, October 13, 2005.
- February 10, 2005: Joshua Pierce performs Michael Harrison's Revelation For The Harmonically Tuned Piano in the world premiere of the new complete score. World Music Institute's Interpretation Concert Series, Merkin Hall, 129 West 67th Street, New York, NY (Box Office: 1-212-501-3330)
- NEW CD: "Rare Works for Two Piano and Orchestra" (Kleos Classics, KLS129) World Premier Recordings featuring works by Pierre Max Dubois, Roy Harris and Arthur Benjamin.
- NEW CD: "John Cage: A Tribute" (Ants Records, AG06, Rome, Italy), a spectacular new double CD collection of the music of John Cage. For reviews of this CD, please visit http://www.jamesarts.com/pierce/reviews.html.
- NEW CD: "For the Fun of It All" with complete uncut version of Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue, along with new recordings of Warsaw Concerto, Chopin's Don Juan Variations, Op. 2, Weber-Liszt's Polacca Brillante. Op. 72, World Premier Recording of Ragtime Caprice, Op. 65 by Paul Turok, Saint-Saens Caprice-Valse Op. 76 "Wedding Cake" and Litolff Scherzo-Concerto Symphony No. 4, Op. 102.
- Ibla Foundation and the World Piano Teachers Associates Conference Present Grammy-Nominated Pianist Joshua Pierce Performing Michael Harrison's "Revelation".
- Grammy-Nominated Pianist Joshua Pierce to Give the Complete Edition Premiere of Michael Harrison's Revelation for Harmonically Tuned Piano
- October 24, 2004: The First Annual Faust Harrison Piano Marathon (Pianists For The New Millennium) with over 25 of New York's finest pianists featuring Joshua Pierce performing Mussorgsky's Pictures At An Exhibition and Liszt's Funeraille
- Pianist Joshua Pierce Performs Michael Harrison's Revelation And Music Of John Cage In Concert At East Hampton, New York's John Drew Theater At Guild Hall on Sept. 1, 2004
- A special performance of the newly expanded and complete version of Michael Harrison's Revelation was performed on July 17, 2004 at the Roseline Koener Atelier, West Hampton, NY, in conjunction with the opening of the exhibition: "POINTS" by the American Artist: Bruce Dorfman.
- On September 1, 2004, Mr. Pierce performed Michael Harrison's Revelation and John Cage's Sonatas & Interludes For Prepared Piano at the John Drew Theatre/Guild Hall, East Hampton, New York, as part of its American Festival of Contemporary Music. The official New York premier of the extended version is slated for February 10, 2005 at Merkin Hall as part of the World Music Institute's 'Interpretation Series'. See a review here.
- Joshua Pierce Performed REVELATION - Michael Harrison's Music for the Harmonically Tuned Piano in New York on April 25, 26 & May 2, 2003. It was also recently performed at Roseline Koener Atelier, Westhampton, NY, on July 19 and July 20. Read a review here. A performance of REVELATION was videotaped on May 19 for the film documentary "New York City Spirit," produced and directed by Muriel Stockdale.
- Joshua Pierce Presents the Music of John Cage
- Joshua Pierce has
commissioned the renowned composer Daron Hagen
to compose a major concerto for premiere with a
consortium of orchestras during the 2004-2005
season. For more information, visit Daron
Hagen's website at http://www.daronhagen.com or contact Jeffrey James Arts Consulting at
(516) 797-9166 or by email at email@example.com.
- Prolific recording artist
with numerous premieres
- First New Jersey
performance of the complete and restored
Gershwin Rhapsody in Blue and Duke Ellington's
- First performance of
complete and restored Rhapsody in Blue in the
City of Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico with the
- First "Live/Simulcast"
Broadcast (Radio/TV) via European Broadcast
Union (EBU) Radio Slovenska's Rozhlas of
Gershwin's complete & restored Rhapsody in
Blue and Concerto in F, Nov 22, 2001 (first
time complete, restored version of Rhapsody had
been broadcast in Europe) with Slovak Radio
Symphony Orchestra of Bratislava, Kirk Trevor,
- First televised performance
at REDUTA in Bratislava of Gershwin's complete
& restored Rhapsody in Blue with Slovak
Radio Symphony Orchestra of Bratislava, Kirk
Trevor, conductor, for Slovak Television (STV-1). Recorded: Nov. 24, 2001. Broadcast:
Dec. 16, 2001.
- First performance of
complete and restored Rhapsody in Blue and the
Ellington Piano Concerto in Eastern Europe:
Bratislava in, Slovak Republic in March
- First performance of John
Cage's Sonatas and Interludes for Prepared
Piano. (Solyd Records, SLR-0303) and works of Ives and Wyschnegradsky in
Russia and the Republic of
- Classical Recording Pick of
the Week, Billboard Magazine, "10/10, highest
rating", CD Review, "Highest Rating" from Phono
Forum Magazine and Downbeat